- 1 cup of wheat flour;
- 1 tsp of baking powder;
- 3/4cup of rolled oats, quick;
- ¼ tsp of salt;
- ¼ tsp baking soda;
- 3 Tbl of honey;
- ½ cup milk skim or 1%;
- 1 egg white;
- 1 Tbl oil;
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed.
Method of preparation
- Turn the oven to 400°. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, oatmeal, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- Use an egg separator to separate the yolk from the white. Add the egg whites to the flour mixture.
- Don’t mix up. Add honey, milk, oil and banana to the flour mixture. Stir with a fork until the dry ingredients are wet.
- Muffin filled with paper lining 2/3.
- Bake at 400° until light brown in about 18 to 20 minutes. When removing from the oven, be sure to use a hot pad. Turn on the oven. Calm and serve
2 each: 112 mg sodium, 126 calories, 3 g protein, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 16 g carbohydrates (9 g sugar, 1 g fiber).