Treatment And Prevention Of HomePlants Fungi With Natural Ingredients! How?
Our indoor and outdoor plants are susceptible to a large number of pests. These parasites can be insects such as aphids, viruses or bacteria, or fungi such as powdery mildew, or certain animals such as snails. Therefore, it is recommended to resist insects naturally before using chemicals.
1. What Are HomePlants Fungi?
Fungi are white or gray spots that appear on the leaves and stems of plants or even fruits and vegetables, and they grow in warm, humid environments.
2. Symptoms And Signs Of Infection Of The Plant By Fungi Or Any Disease:
- The appearance of yellow, red or brown spots on the surface of the leaves.
- Withered and distorted leaves.
- The occurrence of plant stem rot near the ground;
- Infection of crown or stem with rotting, then turns brown and stem becomes limp.
3. Treat the disease:
- Reduce irrigation,
- aerate the soil
- and improve its drainage
4. What Are The Methods Of Preventing Houseplant Fungi?
- Make sure there are enough spaces between the plants, to ensure adequate air circulation for the plants.
- Do not use too much fertilizer, as it can contribute to the emergence of fungi in modern plants.
- Make sure you place the plants in a sunny location, where they can benefit from a light source, and away from darkness.
- Make sure the soil is easy to drain with water: poorly drained soil can cause fungi to multiply;
- Be sure to trim dead leaves and take care of the plants periodically.
5. Natural Control Methods:
- Remove the affected parts and the most suitable time to use this method is at the onset of the lesion and not after its exacerbation.
- Use a strong jet of water to wash the plant, but take into account not to break the branches or cut the leaves and that the water is lukewarm.
- Use strong smelling materials such as: garlic, ginger and hot pepper:
Using garlic: We crush three small cloves of garlic, soak them in a liter of water for two weeks, and then use it to irrigate the plant, so it works as a systemic pesticide because the plant absorbs it and permeates its systems.
Using lemon and salt: They are used to combat ants, because we dissolve the juice of half a lemon in a liter of water and wipe the branches and stems of the plant with it.
Hot pepper solution: It is prepared by boiling two chili fruits in two liters of water for about an hour, then placed in an airtight container, and after two days, crush the pepper fruits and filter the solution and use 125 milliliters per 10 liters of water, and add about 40 grams of grated soap to the sprayer bowl.
Use of vegetable oils: Where it mixes 2% oil with 98% water, and sprinkles the insects with it, which leads to suffocation, as it blocks the airways.
The plants are sprayed in the morning or afternoon. By taking care of the presence of the sun, to dry the plants before dark, especially the leaves, because wet leaves in the evening help to promote the appearance of fungal problems.