When the bride and groom organize a wedding, they may have doubts about what tasks they should carry out.
When you are planning a wedding, there may be doubts about what the tasks of the bride and groom are so that everything goes as expected. It is an important moment and good preparation is essential.
Knowing what each one should do is something that should be clear from the beginning. Nerves can cause tensions and arguments to arise that affect the moment in which the link occurs.
Tasks of the bride and groom at the wedding
Before starting, it is important to point out that there must be positive communication between the couple. This is something that the article Communication and satisfaction: analyzing the couple’s interaction exposes.
In this way, a better understanding of what each one is going to do can be reached. Now, let’s see how the tasks of the groom and the bride can be organized.
What does the groom take care of?
The groom must take care to find a suit that suits him and with which he feels comfortable. Also, you cannot forget about accessories (shoes, cufflinks, etc.). For this, you can ask friends and family for help.
Also, you need to plan for cutting your hair, shaving or grooming your beard, even treating yourself to a facial. Thus, no unforeseen events will arise.
Finally, the groom must choose well the person who will accompany him to the altar. This is a decision that only concerns him.
What does the bride take care of?
As the groom, the bride must look for her dress. This can be short or long, although the important thing is that you feel comfortable. You can also choose who your bridesmaids will be and what they will wear. They can help you with clothing and accessories.
Another aspect that you will have to think about will be the type of hairstyle that you are going to wear. Therefore, it is important to speak with the hairdresser beforehand and have several tests done. If you want to get a facial, nail polish, or anything else, this is the time to organize it.
Finally, we cannot forget that the bride must also choose a person to accompany her to the altar. This, like the groom, must be an individual choice.
Joint bride and groom tasks
These are tasks for the bride and groom to be carried out separately. However, there are others in which the collaboration of the two is essential. Let’s see some cases:
- Place: the bride and groom must agree on the place where they want to celebrate the wedding. Also, it is important not to forget the decorations and gifts for the guests.
- Cake: the cake is also an element that requires the opinion of the two members of the couple. The menu that will be served (options for celiacs, vegetarians, or intolerant) and desserts.
- Alliances: this is something that you must choose between the two to see that they fit well and that the style is what you are looking for.
- Guestlist – undoubtedly the most tedious task to think about, as well as its distribution at the time of the banquet.
- Photography and music: the music that will be played, if there will be a DJ, the photographer, and the option of a photocall are aspects that you should also think about.
- Honeymoon: it is essential to prepare it in advance. You can take a day off, go directly to the trip after the wedding is over, or save this event for later.
With all this, you also have to think about whether the couple wants a marriage whose bond is made by civil law or by the church. As we can see, there are several aspects in which the tasks of the groom and the bride must go together. Do not forget the budget you have either!