- 128 calories per muffin;
- 2% percent of fat per muffin;
- 4 grams of protein per muffin;
- 2 grams of fat per muffin;
- 28 grams of carbohydrate per muffin;
- 2 eggwhites
- 1/4 cup milk, skim or 1%;
- 1/2 cup applesauce;
- 1 cup whole wheat flour;
- 2 cups 100% bran cereal;
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed;
- 2 tablespoons (tsp) baking powder;
- 1/2 tsp baking soda;
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon;
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg;
- 72 raisins (pretend ants).
- Turn the oven on to 400°. In a large bowl, use an egg separatorto separate the yolks from the egg whites. Mix the egg whites, milk and applesauce together;
- Add flour, bran cereal, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Stir until throughly mixed;
- Fill paper-lined muffin pans 2/3 full;
- Push 3 raisins(ants) into centre of each muffin (the ant hill). Then evenly space 3 raisins (ants) on the top of each muffin.
- Bake at 400° until slithly brown, about 20 minutes. Be sure to use hotpads when you take these oute of the oven. Turn off the oven.
Invite friendly ant eaters to join you for breakfast. Serve and Enjoy!