Dirty windows!! Clean the windows?!.. If you have many windows at home, cleaning the windows may be a real torture for you. It is exhausting in many cases, especially when it comes to large windows or large windows on a terrace. If we add to this that after a long time rubbing there have been marks or areas without cleaning well, much worse. Needless to say, it can rain that same day or the next day, which ends up spoiling a most tiring task.
If you have come this far it is because you want some trick to clean the windows and to make the cleaning last longer. Although miracles do not exist, we do have some advice to give you. However, the main thing before knowing them is that you buy an effective glass cleaner that does not leave a residue. In the market, there are well-known brands with products that give very good results.
How to Clean the Windows
The first thing to do is remove the dirt with a dry, lint-free cloth or a feather duster. This will remove dust and allow you to easily clean the glasses without leaving marks. Then spray them with a glass cleaner, either spray or cream. Of course, in either case, apply the product directly on the cloth or cloth with which you are going to clean, avoid doing it directly on the glass. Finally, remove the product. If you have used a spray, do it quickly and before it dries. In this way, it is much easier to avoid the dreaded brands. If you have opted for a cream glass cleaner do the opposite, wait for it to dry before removing it.
Tricks to Make Your Crystals Look Perfect
- Use suitable cloth. This is one of the best tips when it comes to cleaning the windows and making them look perfect. Depending on the cloth or cloth you choose, this task will cost you a lot or a little, and you will also leave marks or not. In the market, you can find microfiber cloths that are very suitable for cleaning windows since they do not leave residues and keep them shiny. If you don’t want to spend money, you can opt for old rags that you have at home or cotton shirts that you no longer use.
- Avoid direct sun. Do not clean the windows in direct sun or wind. This is because the glass cleaner dries very quickly and you do not have time to remove all traces of spray or cream. In addition, the typical reflections are produced that we do not see until the sun goes down.
- Use a telescopic window cleaner stick. This trick is highly recommended if you have to clean windows that are very high and that are difficult for you to reach. The union of the extendable pole and the cleaning spatula give you the possibility of using it at heights of up to almost 4 meters. The head also includes a scraper and a squeegee to remove embedded dirt.
- Change the sense of cleanliness. Another important trick when cleaning the windows is to change the direction of cleaning. Go doing it horizontally and vertically so that you are dragging all the dirt that is on the way. This method will also help avoid marks.
- Clean from top to bottom. Likewise, always clean from top to bottom. This will prevent the water from dripping and leaving drops where you have already cleaned.
If you are one of those who like to use everything the more natural the better, and you want to avoid artificial products at all costs (you respect the environment and your lungs), you can create your own glass cleaner at home. You can choose to:
- Ammonia and water in equal parts
- Water with a little dish soap and ammonia soap
- White vinegar
- Water and alcohol
- One part white vinegar to four parts water and bicarbonate optionally